Thursday, June 9, 2011

Camping!

Over memorial day weekend we had the opportunity to go camping with Ben's brother Ryan & his wife Ashley. We went to Diamond Fork Campground up Spanish Fork Canyon. It felt just like camping in Washington. It was cold, wet, and very green. And although I froze to death I really enjoyed myself and ate my fair share of s'mores. The second day the weather cleared up a little and we decided to go hiking up Three Forks Loop where there was a waterfall and some hot pots. I actually really enjoyed this. It felt good to be active and also to see the beautiful scenery along this hike. It made me miss home really bad with all the water from the Cottonwood Creek and huge trees everywhere. But I love camping, even despite the uncooperative weather. I can't wait to go camping again this summer!

Putting up a tarp to shield us from the rain.

We made it to the waterfall up Three Forks Loop

Me and my s'mores. We have a special relationship.

1 comment: