Wednesday, April 6, 2011

World of Coca-Cola

Almost two months ago now (man I am bad at keeping this up to date) I got to go to Atlanta, Georgia for a conference. It was about first-year programming and how to help incoming students adjust to the rigors and demands of college life and academics. I really enjoy going to these conferences because I get to see new places and stay in hotels I could never afford to stay in normally. This conference was busier than the one I went to in November so I didn't get as much free time to explore Atlanta as I would have liked. However, I did get to visit the World of Coca-Cola. Coke was invented in Atlanta and it's main headquarters (as well as those of CNN, Chick-fil-A, and Delta just to name a few) are located there. Being a Pepsi product fan I don't totally love Coke products but Coca-Cola is an American and pop-culture icon so I just had to go! It was so much fun and if you are ever in Atlanta I totally recommend going to the World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium right across the lot. It was just one giant carbonated playground with a bottling plant, 4D movie, and a tasting center. Here are some pics from my adventure.

This is called Beverly. It is a Coke product offered in Europe that I got to taste in their Taste It! exhibit where you can taste Coke products from around the world. It was truly one of the worst things I've ever tasted.

Sitting on the Coke Couch from Season 3 of American Idol.

Found a postcard of a Coke plant from Washington

Running with the Olympic Torch from the 2000 Sydney, Australia Games

Hanging out by an old school Coke vending machine

1 comment: